Design & Engineering Services
Saint-Gobain has specialized in the design, development and manufacture of high performance, high quality radomes for over 45 years. Saint-Gobain takes great pride in its knowledge and expertise, as well as our ability to manufacture a high quality product that complies with the customer’s specification and FAA regulatory requirements.
Technical assistance is provided pre-contract for request for information and proposals, Spec/SOW development, aircraft interface design, performance expectations, development risk assessments, and certification plans. Technical expertise is provided during the development contract in the form of drawings, analyses, test plans & reports, and can include FAA Engineering approvals when delegated. Service support is provided via Instructions for Continued Airworthiness, and repair substantiation beyond the ICA.
Saint-Gobain Engineering uses current computer aided engineering:
- CATIA V5 & V5 for 3D Solids Modeling & Drafting
- NASTRAN, PATRAN/ABAQUS, ANSYS, and ALGOR for Finite Element
- Proprietary RF Modeling of Radome Wall Constructions validated to MMW
- A Saint-Gobain Engineer has received the coveted 2003 Pioneer Award for the advancement of lightning protection systems on Predictive
- Windshear Radomes for Air Transports